Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Green-ish Thumb

I am soooo sore. I decided last night that this would be the day I would tackle the little patch of earth in my front yard. I think it used to be grass, which died. Then we bought sod, and that died. It is that little circular area between my porch and my walkway to the front door. You know what I'm talking about - awkward area, right?
So today I spent way too much money on perennials at Home Depot. Then came home and realized that somewhere along the line, it had been a rock garden. Great! Then went to True Value to buy manure and topsoil. Put that down and graded the pretty little mound of earth. Then laid out landscaping tarp, and finally, planted 15 or so perennials.
This adventure took me all day! Why do I always underestimate how long it will take me do complete projects? I thought it would take me the morning, then I could organize my garage in the afternoon. No way... now the poor garage is being left until next week sometime.
I will post pictures of my masterpiece once I take some. I was too tired to lift the camera. Taking some Tylenol PM tonight for this sore back.

No comments: