Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Family Vacation


Growing up, we did a lot of traveling, and I am so grateful to my parents for allowing us to explore the world. I was on a plane more times than I can count. Some where just our immediate family, and some trips were with extended family. We even did a 3 week road trip out east when I was about 15. We went on cruises, to resorts, skiing, to the beach, history tours...

I haven't been as fortunate because traveling with kids is expensive. I don't have the means to travel with my kids much. We usually go camping about once a summer, and we do some long weekend trips but stay in Minnesota. When we had the opportunity to go to California for my cousin's wedding, I jumped at the chance to travel with my kids.

All in all it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was apprehensive that we would leave with 3 kids, and come back with only 2, since I thought for sure I would kill one of them. But alas, it was great!! I am so glad I was able to do this for my kids and give them fun travel memories like I have. And we clean up real nice, don't we???

No comments: