Tuesday, January 20, 2009

List of things

I think everyone has a list of things they want to do before they die. Even if you've never written it out (sorry, Oprah I'm a bit busy). But I think most people have a few things in their head that they would like to do, even if in their wildest dreams.

On my list would be: skydive, be debt-free (like not even a house payment), run a marathon, meet the pope, travel to 5 continents. Plus more I'm sure, if I actually wrote them down.

I asked my children's father (for lack of better term) what he wanted in life. And his list consisted of robbing a bank, and knowing what it's like to kill someone. Seriously. He said, "oh, I'd never do it, but I've always wanted to know what that feels like." Seriously? There can be no moral compass there at all. That was a huge moment for me when I realized he truly was pretending to be someone he is not.

So back to me, because it is my blog. I am going to tackle one of the things on my list this year. I figure, I am not getting any younger, no time like the present, I want to do something crazy (not kill-someone-crazy, but normal-person-crazy). I registered for Grandma's Marathon. You are probably laughing because I would be too. But if I tell people I will have more motivation for my training. I can't quit, because then I'd have to tell you all I've quit. And Lord knows how I hate being wrong.

Whew, glad I got that off my chest. Rachel came up with a training schedule to make it very easy for me to follow. She is my Yoda and I do what she says. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

District 279 Community Webmaster said...

Teresa! You are my hero! Seriously.

Ya gotta check out my blog
www.jenniferdejournett.blogspot.com

Rach said...

Marathon or not - you rock my world!