Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Self-haircut

I knew this time would come, and thank goodness it wasn't all that bad! Ben got ahold of the scissors and cut his hair. Well, I think he only cut like 4 hairs. But I didn't notice HIS hair right away, somuchas his stuffed bear's hair. His bear is Judy. I had the nail scissors on my bedside table, and before I knew it I saw him crouching down by the garbage.
He said, "Look, I gave Judy a haircut."
I said, "well now Judy looks wacky. You have a wacky hair bear."
Then his eyes got kind of big and he said very seriously, "I did my hair too. Is mine wacky?"

I couldn't even notice where he cut it, so it was fine. I reassured him that his hair would grow back but not to do that again because he'd look wacky for a while.

Then the blow - I had to tell him Judy's would never grow back.
"Judy's won't grow back because he's only a stuffed animal?
He's made of stuffed.
Things made of stuffed don't grow back, Mommy?"

No, Ben, things made of stuffed don't grow. Sorry, bud.
Oh, and Judy, you still look cool. It just looks like you stood too close to the clippers on one little ear. We'll get you one of those Build-a-bear ear bows and no one will notice.

No comments: