Monday, June 22, 2009

Jon & Kate

I heard Jon and Kate (of Jon & Kate Plus 8 fame) filed for legal separation.

I don't like their show because it stresses me out just to watch it. Kate is way too intense for me. I don't know her, so I can't judge her. It is not entertaining for me to watch, so I stopped watching it a while ago.



I am of the age, or maturity, or whatever, that I don't waste time on media that doesn't entertain me. I don't finish boring books, and I change boring television shows. I have better things to do with my time.



Back to the divorce: it makes me sad. I don't like hearing that any marriage breaks up. My sympathy is for the children. First, their parents decide to use in vitro to get pregnant. They desperately wanted children, so many in fact, that they ended up with eight after only two pregnancies. That would be hard enough to explain to young children, and now they have to explain they are getting divorced.



I don't think those kids have a chance. Growing up with cameras in their house, watching their parents' marriage break up. My sympathies and prayers are with those children.

No comments: