Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Unexpected Kindness of Friends

I had a mini-melt down today because I was paying the bills. It happens almost every month. I freak out because of money, then I get really anxious that I haven't found a job. Now, I have to admit, I should be spending more time looking for work. I do apply to positions that look of interest, and look into opportunities that friends present me with. BUT I should be doing more. I need to dedicate a few hours each and every day to this.

Anyway, I had a little melt-down. So I called an old friend and we talked, mainly about job opportunities. I had meant the call to be for networking, but I must have come accross as more desperate and upset than I thought. My friend stopped by after work today and brought me a gift. My friend brought me some money. (as a loan - I will pay it back when I am in a better spot) I thought that was the nicest thing that someone could do for me. Without words, advice, chastising, or expectations, or strings attached, my friend just did what my friend could do. Wow.

No comments: