Thursday, September 29, 2011

25 Reasons

I joined WeightWatchers two weeks ago. Week one I actually gained weight and I thought, this is never going to work. Then I went to weigh in today and I lost over 6 lb. Woo hoo! Go ME!

It's not a big deal, especially since I just read the O Magazine makeover edition and that showed women who lost like 75 lb. So whatever, my 6 might not be a big deal to them, but it is for me. And it's the first step toward some weight loss.

At the meeting today they asked us to come up with 25 reasons WHY. Why are you doing this? was the question. Oh let me count the ways...

1. My 6-year old asked me why I was chubby when I bend over.
2. I've been asked when I was due...fairly recently.
3. My pants don't fit so well.
4. I was shopping for Halloween costumes and I'm very disappointed that I'm too fat to be a Playboy bunny this year.
5. I hate swimsuit season and I want to like it.
6. I naturally like to be nakie. (who doesn't like being naked?) But only in my own bedroom. Wouldn't it be great if I could just be naked all the time in my own house and be confident about it?
7. I want to wear a bikini.
8. I want to be like my 6-year old and have my pants be so loose that I have to wear a belt.
9. My BMI says I'm obese. That's not cool. I don't want to have that high of a BMI anymore.
10. A better sex life. Have you ever tried having heavy-person sex? I will spare you the details.
11. To look better than I do right now. I have a fat face. I want a skinny face.
12. To say I did it. There - I told you. I am very competitive and if I can say I did it then I win.
13. I don't want to be a plastic/over-athletic mom from my kids' school but I'd like to not be the fat one anymore.
14. I want to get hit on at the bar. And not by drunk 60-year olds, either. By men my own age.
15. I want to look younger than my age, not older.
16. I don't want anyone to be able to tell that I've had 3 kids.
17. To set an example for my children, that eating healthy and being active makes you healthier.
18. I want my drivers license weight to be somewhat truthful. (Is it illegal to blatantly lie about your weight? I sure as hell hope not!)
19. I don't want that "pants tattoo" there when I unbutton my work pants. I can tell exactly where all those buttons were on my waist.
20. I want to see my own feet when I step on the scale.
21. I have pieces of my stomach that I don't even know where they belong. They just need to go away.
22. There are many styles of clothes that I simply can't wear at my size. I'd like more variety in my wardrobe.
23. My dad told me I have to lose weight or it will be harder later in life.
24. Short people shouldn't be fat. I'm almost to the point of crossing the line and looking like an umpa-loompa.
25. Skinny girls have more fun! (or so they say, I wouldn't know but I'm trusting them!)

No comments: