Wednesday, September 21, 2011

These Are the People In My Neighborhood

I am overwhelmed with how I love my neighborhood community!

Three years ago, when the school district closed our neighborhood school, I was devastated because I knew the teachers, the parents, the kids. I thought it would completely scatter us all to the wind. But it hasn't been so! Although my kids go to a school accross town, and I work full-time now, I have never felt like I'm more part of a community.

I went to the Cub Scouts open house, and there was another neighborhood mom who volunteered to be the den leader. I brought the little one to preschool, and know a handful of other families going to the same preschool. I was sick last night, and was up until 2AM at the ER. I had an offer from a mom whose kids go to a different school, to drive my kids to school. I was re-decorating the boys' room and a neighborhood mom dropped off some unused Star Wars decorations for me. We had our neighborhood parade this year and I met even more neighbors and new friends.

I am so blessed and overwhelmed by what a generous, helping, encouraging neighborhood I live in!!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

XO I love this.

PS My word verification is brestes. Hehe.

Joanie said...

1)I too love this, and our neighborhood.

2) I am giggling at Leanne's verification word.

3) I now have "who are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neighborhoo-ood!" stuck in my head.

Jessica said...

so wonderful that it worked out that way!