Monday, March 16, 2009

The Dog Ate My Carpet

Oh. My. Gosh.
I woke up early this morning, came downstairs with the baby, and went to open the shades in the front living room. I saw it...a bare spot in my carpet about the size of a quarter.
My jaw hit the floor.
Sunny, the dog, had been licking the same spot on the carpet for a while. The baby had thrown up there about a month ago, but I had wet it down, washed it and thought it was cleaned up. I thought that she was just licking it clean, but seriously, there is a hole in my carpet! A freakin hole!!!

Breathe...breathe...breathe...

OK. I'm better. I have nice carpet, it's cushy and clean and ivory. And I can't move furniture over this spot to hide it, either. Plus - have you ever tried to repair carpet? I can always see the seams in carpets, no matter how good the carpet layers are. Ugh!!

I am calling my dad today to see if he will take her for awhile. I just can't keep up with three kids, maintaining the house, the yard, my own life, bills, activities, and the dog. I love her dearly but seriously.

No comments: